Thursday, April 1, 2010

Balaboosta

Balaboosta is one of the latest restaurants to open in my neighborhood and tonight I stopped by the bar to try a few dishes. Having just acquired their liquor license the drink options were limited, but I opted for the white sangria which was a step above most due to a dash of cardamom.

The roasted cauliflower is a fantastic appetizer (or side dish) with a strong garlic flavor, pine nuts and currants for a sweet contrast.

The lamb cooked two ways was a great dish and also something I'd return for. The lime flavor in the creamy Persian sauce was a nice surprise on the tender chop, and I loved the smoky grilled taste and saltiness of the shoulder wrapped in a grape leaf. The sunchoke puree was a mild and buttery compliment to the lamb.

The Turkish coffee chocolate cake with pistachio ice cream was a satisfying, although not so exciting, ending.

No comments:

Post a Comment