Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Doughnut Plant

In a perfect world, I could eat doughnuts for breakfast every day - which is why I've been hesitant to try the well-known Doughnut Plant on the LES for fear that could actually happen!

With flavors like these, it's a real possibility - the petite sized creme brulee has a crisp candied shell (just like the real thing) and a gooey custard center; the blackberry jelly with peanut butter glaze has jelly running throughout the center of all 4 sides (!), and the unbelievable blackout doughnut starts with a rich chocolate cake center, surrounded by a totally unexpected layer of gooey chocolate goodness, and finished with another layer of chocolate out the outside, topped with chocolate crumbs.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sherry! It was great meeting you last night :)
    I've been wanting to try the Doughnut Plant forever but I too am afraid it could be habit forming. I also want to try the Meatball Shop. I'll have to go to both soon!

    ReplyDelete